MCViewPoint

Opinion from a Libertarian ViewPoint

Is Democracy in a Death Spiral?

Posted by Martin C. Fox on April 21, 2017

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/04/patrick-j-buchanan/democracy-death-spiral/

“You all start with the premise that democracy is some good. I don’t think it’s worth a damn. Churchill is right. The only thing to be said for democracy is that there is nothing else that’s any better. …

“People say, ‘If the Congress were more representative of the people it would be better.’ I say Congress is too damn representative. It’s just as stupid as the people are, just as uneducated, just as dumb, just as selfish.”

This dismissal of democracy, cited by historian H. W. Brands in “The General vs. the President: MacArthur and Truman at the Brink of Nuclear War,” is attributed to that great populist Secretary of State Dean Acheson.

Few would air such views today, as democracy has been divinized.

Democracy has been described as 51% telling the other 49% what to do.

Hans-Hermann Hoppe has written on democracy.  Democracy-The god that failed is on my bucket list

Be seeing you

phoca_thumb_l_tcobb34

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: